- Oldham couplings are a 3 piece design comprised of 2 aluminum hubs press fit CZPT a center disk. Torque transmission is accomplished by mating the slots on the center disk to the drive tenons on the hubs. During operation the center disk slides on the tenons of each hub (which are orientated 90 apart) to transmit torque.
- While the couplings accommodate a small amount of angular and axial misalignment, they are especially useful in applications with parallel misalignment.
- We offers oldham couplings in set screw or clamp styles with bores ranging from 4mm to 35mm. Inch and metric hubs (set screw, clamp style, keyed, or keyless) are interchangeable and can be combined into a single coupling as long as they have the same outside diameter. Oldham coupling hubs are standard in black anodized aluminum for improved lubricity, increased life, and low inertia. Hubs are also available in stainless steel CZPT request for increased corrosion resistance.
- Ideal for many light duty industrial and motion control applications, oldham couplings have the ability to protect more expensive machinery components.
- For example the oldham coupling acts as a torque limiter during overload. When the disk fails, it breaks cleanly and does not allow any transmission of power.
- Oldham couplings also have the advantage of electrical isolation due to the non-conductive nature of the center disk.
- This prevents electrical currents from being passed to delicate instruments which can cause inaccurate data readings or damage.
- High absorption capacity of radial misaligment
- They do not produce kinematic errors in transmission
- Elimination of loads on shaft
- Mechanical protection against excessive torque
- Replaceable disc
1. We have first-class testing equipment to detect linear guide various data parameters and control the quality of the linear guide.Whenever linear guides must first detected whether the quality is qualified and the unqualified linear guide will be eliminated directly.So we can get the trust of a large customer, and supply them for several years.
2. We have our own R & D capabilities, to help customers solve the problem of non-standard linear guides.We can also according to customer requirements change their own mark.
3. Price, our manufacture ensure that our prices across China are quite competitive.It is better for you to compare prices and quality among suppliers.But everyone knows you can not buy the highest quality products with the lowest price,but our product is the best quailty if you use equal price.
1. When can I get the quotation ?
We usually quote within 24 hours after we get your inquiry. If you are very urgent to get the price,please call us or tell us in your email so that we will regard your inquiry priority.
2. How can I get a sample to check your quality ?
After price confirmed,sample order is available to check our quality.
3. What is your main products ?
Linear motion systems,like lead screws, flexible coupling,Miniature linear guide rails,ball screws,linear rod shaft,ceramic bearings ...etc. But also CNC machining centers and CNC machinable tooling boards.
4. Could you get a better price on your products ?
Yes,you can.We will give the best price on all of the products you need,which can help you to compete other companies in your markets.
5. What is the strength of your company ?
We have a engineer team,who have well experienced on product's and machine designs.We can help you to solve the problems you meet.
Welcome to inquiry US!
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Jaw Coupling for a Specific System
Choosing the right jaw coupling for a specific system is crucial to ensure efficient power transmission and reliable operation. Several factors should be considered when making the selection:
- Torque and Power Requirements: Calculate the torque and power requirements of the system to determine the appropriate size of the jaw coupling. Ensure that the selected coupling can handle the maximum torque and power output without exceeding its rated capacity.
- Shaft Size: Match the jaw coupling's bore size to the shaft diameters of the connected equipment. The coupling's bore should be slightly larger than the shaft diameter to allow for easy installation and proper clamping.
- Misalignment Compensation: Evaluate the degree of misalignment that the system may experience during operation. Jaw couplings can handle angular, parallel, and axial misalignment to varying degrees, but it's essential to choose a coupling with the appropriate misalignment capabilities for the specific application.
- Operating Speed: Consider the operating speed of the system. Some jaw couplings are designed for high-speed applications, while others are more suitable for lower speeds. Choosing a coupling that matches the system's operating speed helps prevent issues such as resonance and premature wear.
- Environmental Conditions: Assess the environmental conditions in which the coupling will operate. Factors such as temperature, moisture, and exposure to chemicals can influence the choice of material for the jaw coupling.
- Backlash: Determine if the application requires minimal or zero backlash. Some jaw couplings may have inherent backlash due to their design, while others are designed to provide backlash-free operation.
- Installation and Maintenance: Consider the ease of installation and maintenance of the jaw coupling. Some couplings may have a split design, making installation and replacement simpler.
- Cost and Budget: Compare the cost of the jaw coupling with the system's budget. While it's essential to select a high-quality coupling, it's also crucial to ensure it fits within the budget constraints.
By carefully evaluating these factors, engineers and designers can make an informed decision when choosing a jaw coupling that meets the specific requirements of the system, leading to optimal performance and longevity of the mechanical system.
Can jaw couplings be used in pumps, compressors, and fans?
Yes, jaw couplings can be used in pumps, compressors, and fans, and they are commonly employed in these types of rotating equipment. Jaw couplings offer several advantages that make them well-suited for these applications:
- Misalignment Compensation: Pumps, compressors, and fans often experience misalignment between the motor and driven equipment due to various factors such as installation errors, thermal expansion, or shaft deflection. Jaw couplings can handle both angular and parallel misalignment, ensuring smooth power transmission and reducing the risk of premature wear on the equipment's bearings.
- Vibration Damping: Pumps, compressors, and fans can generate significant vibrations during operation. The elastomer spider in the jaw coupling acts as a damping element, absorbing and dissipating vibrations. This feature helps to reduce noise, extend the life of the equipment, and enhance overall system reliability.
- Torsional Flexibility: Jaw couplings provide torsional flexibility, which is beneficial in applications where the motor and driven equipment experience varying loads or torque spikes. The elastomer spider allows for slight torsional deflection, protecting the equipment from sudden shock loads and torque fluctuations.
- Compact and Lightweight: Pumps, compressors, and fans often have space constraints, and jaw couplings are compact and lightweight compared to some other coupling types. Their reduced inertia makes them suitable for applications with frequent start-stop cycles and high-speed operation.
Jaw couplings are available in various sizes and materials, allowing for customization based on the specific requirements of the pump, compressor, or fan application. The proper selection of a jaw coupling ensures optimal performance and efficiency in these rotating equipment systems.
However, it is essential to consider the specific operating conditions and torque requirements of each application when choosing a jaw coupling. For certain heavy-duty or high-precision applications, alternative coupling types such as gear couplings or disc couplings might be more suitable. It is always advisable to consult coupling manufacturers or engineering experts to select the most appropriate coupling for a given application.
Handling Misalignment with Jaw Couplings
Jaw couplings are designed to handle certain degrees of misalignment between shafts. They are flexible couplings that can accommodate both angular and radial misalignment to some extent. The elastomeric element in the jaw coupling provides the necessary flexibility to compensate for misalignment while transmitting torque between the shafts.
Angular Misalignment: Jaw couplings can handle small amounts of angular misalignment, typically up to a few degrees. However, excessive angular misalignment should be avoided as it can lead to increased wear on the coupling and connected equipment.
Radial Misalignment: Similar to angular misalignment, jaw couplings can also tolerate small amounts of radial misalignment. The elastomeric material allows the coupling to flex and adjust to minor shaft misalignments.
It's important to note that while jaw couplings are suitable for handling some degree of misalignment, the actual allowable misalignment depends on the specific design and material of the coupling. Therefore, it is essential to refer to the manufacturer's specifications and guidelines for the particular jaw coupling being used in an application.
For applications with significant misalignment or where precise alignment is critical, other types of flexible couplings, such as beam couplings or disc couplings, may be more appropriate. Proper alignment and regular maintenance are key factors in ensuring the optimal performance and longevity of the jaw coupling and the connected machinery.
editor by CX 2023-08-08