- Oldham couplings are a 3 piece design comprised of 2 aluminum hubs press fit CZPT a center disk. Torque transmission is accomplished by mating the slots on the center disk to the drive tenons on the hubs. During operation the center disk slides on the tenons of each hub (which are orientated 90 apart) to transmit torque.
- While the couplings accommodate a small amount of angular and axial misalignment, they are especially useful in applications with parallel misalignment.
- We offers oldham couplings in set screw or clamp styles with bores ranging from 4mm to 35mm. Inch and metric hubs (set screw, clamp style, keyed, or keyless) are interchangeable and can be combined into a single coupling as long as they have the same outside diameter. Oldham coupling hubs are standard in black anodized aluminum for improved lubricity, increased life, and low inertia. Hubs are also available in stainless steel CZPT request for increased corrosion resistance.
- Ideal for many light duty industrial and motion control applications, oldham couplings have the ability to protect more expensive machinery components.
- For example the oldham coupling acts as a torque limiter during overload. When the disk fails, it breaks cleanly and does not allow any transmission of power.
- Oldham couplings also have the advantage of electrical isolation due to the non-conductive nature of the center disk.
- This prevents electrical currents from being passed to delicate instruments which can cause inaccurate data readings or damage.
- High absorption capacity of radial misaligment
- They do not produce kinematic errors in transmission
- Elimination of loads on shaft
- Mechanical protection against excessive torque
- Replaceable disc
1. We have first-class testing equipment to detect linear guide various data parameters and control the quality of the linear guide.Whenever linear guides must first detected whether the quality is qualified and the unqualified linear guide will be eliminated directly.So we can get the trust of a large customer, and supply them for several years.
2. We have our own R & D capabilities, to help customers solve the problem of non-standard linear guides.We can also according to customer requirements change their own mark.
3. Price, our manufacture ensure that our prices across China are quite competitive.It is better for you to compare prices and quality among suppliers.But everyone knows you can not buy the highest quality products with the lowest price,but our product is the best quailty if you use equal price.
1. When can I get the quotation ?
We usually quote within 24 hours after we get your inquiry. If you are very urgent to get the price,please call us or tell us in your email so that we will regard your inquiry priority.
2. How can I get a sample to check your quality ?
After price confirmed,sample order is available to check our quality.
3. What is your main products ?
Linear motion systems,like lead screws, flexible coupling,Miniature linear guide rails,ball screws,linear rod shaft,ceramic bearings ...etc. But also CNC machining centers and CNC machinable tooling boards.
4. Could you get a better price on your products ?
Yes,you can.We will give the best price on all of the products you need,which can help you to compete other companies in your markets.
5. What is the strength of your company ?
We have a engineer team,who have well experienced on product's and machine designs.We can help you to solve the problems you meet.
Welcome to inquiry US!
Use of Jaw Couplings in Corrosive or Harsh Environments
Jaw couplings can be used in certain corrosive or harsh environments, but the choice of materials and design should be carefully considered to ensure the coupling's performance and longevity. Here's how jaw couplings can be utilized in such environments:
- Material Selection: For corrosive environments, it is essential to choose materials that can withstand the specific chemicals or substances present. Stainless steel or other corrosion-resistant alloys are commonly used in jaw couplings to ensure resistance to rust and corrosion. These materials protect the coupling from degradation caused by exposure to corrosive elements.
- Sealing Mechanism: In harsh environments where contaminants or particles may be present, proper sealing becomes crucial. Many jaw couplings have various sealing options to prevent foreign materials from entering the coupling and affecting its performance. Seals can help keep the coupling's interior clean and protect it from damage due to harsh substances.
- Environmental Protection: In applications where the coupling is exposed to harsh elements, it might be beneficial to utilize protective covers or guards. These can shield the coupling from direct contact with abrasive materials or chemicals, further extending its lifespan in challenging conditions.
- Regular Maintenance: In corrosive or harsh environments, proper and regular maintenance is crucial. Cleaning and inspecting the coupling periodically can help identify any signs of wear or damage and allow for timely replacements or repairs, minimizing the risk of failure in service.
While jaw couplings can be used in certain corrosive or harsh environments, it is essential to assess the specific conditions and requirements of the application carefully. In some instances, alternative coupling types or additional protective measures may be more suitable to ensure optimal performance and longevity. Consulting with coupling manufacturers or engineering experts can provide valuable insights in selecting the most appropriate coupling for a given environment.
What are the cost implications of using jaw couplings compared to other coupling types?
When considering the cost implications of using jaw couplings compared to other coupling types, several factors come into play. Jaw couplings offer certain advantages and disadvantages in terms of initial cost, maintenance, and overall performance. Here's a breakdown of the cost considerations:
- Initial Cost: In terms of initial cost, jaw couplings are generally more budget-friendly compared to some other coupling types such as gear couplings or disc couplings. Jaw couplings have a relatively simple design, using fewer components, which often makes them more economical to manufacture and purchase.
- Maintenance: Jaw couplings have a reputation for being low-maintenance couplings. Their elastomer spider is a wear-resistant and replaceable component, which means that in case of wear or damage, only the elastomer needs to be replaced rather than the entire coupling. This feature can contribute to lower maintenance costs and reduced downtime compared to couplings with more complex designs that require complete replacements when worn or damaged.
- Performance: The cost implications of jaw couplings compared to other types are also influenced by performance considerations. Jaw couplings provide good misalignment compensation and damping of vibrations, making them suitable for a wide range of applications. However, for specific high-torque or high-precision applications, more specialized coupling types like grid couplings or disc couplings may be required. The higher performance capabilities of these couplings might justify their higher initial cost in certain scenarios.
- Application Requirements: The cost-effectiveness of jaw couplings versus other types depends on the specific requirements of the application. If a coupling's design features align well with the application's needs, such as handling moderate misalignment and torque levels, then a jaw coupling may be the most cost-effective choice. On the other hand, if the application demands exceptional torque capacity, high precision, or extreme environmental conditions, a more advanced and costly coupling type may be necessary.
In summary, jaw couplings generally offer a cost advantage in terms of their lower initial cost and relatively low maintenance requirements. However, the most cost-effective choice depends on the specific application and its performance demands. It is essential to evaluate factors such as torque requirements, misalignment compensation, maintenance needs, and operating conditions to determine the best coupling type that balances performance and cost-effectiveness.
Use of Jaw Couplings in Various Industries for Power Transmission
Jaw couplings are widely used in different industries for power transmission due to their many advantages, including their ability to handle misalignment, shock loads, and vibrations. Some of the industries that commonly use jaw couplings include:
- Manufacturing: Jaw couplings are extensively used in manufacturing machinery such as conveyors, mixers, and packaging equipment.
- Automotive: In the automotive industry, jaw couplings are employed in various applications, including engine-driven accessories and conveyor systems in assembly lines.
- Agriculture: Farming equipment, such as tractors and harvesting machines, often use jaw couplings to transmit power from the engine to different attachments.
- Material Handling: Jaw couplings are found in material handling equipment like forklifts, cranes, and hoists.
- Water and Wastewater: Pumps and compressors used in water and wastewater treatment plants frequently utilize jaw couplings for power transmission.
- Food and Beverage: Jaw couplings are used in food processing machinery where cleanliness, reliability, and flexibility are essential.
- Textile: Textile manufacturing equipment, such as looms and spinning machines, often use jaw couplings to transmit power from motors to various components.
- Packaging: Packaging machines and equipment benefit from jaw couplings' ability to absorb shocks and vibrations.
- Printing: Printing presses and related machinery commonly use jaw couplings for their precise power transmission.
These are just a few examples, but jaw couplings are found in numerous other industries where power transmission and motion control are critical aspects of the equipment's operation. Their ease of installation, maintenance, and high-performance capabilities make them a popular choice for a wide range of applications.
editor by CX 2023-08-01